Session - Acts
- AN ACT providing for the erection of a State
- AN ACT appointing a mode in which the Site for
the State Capitol shall be selected.
- AN ACT to secure additional lots for the erection
of the State Capitol, and provided compensation for the site
- AN ACT to amend an act to establish the Bank
of the State of Alabama Approved December 20th, 1823.
- AN ACT to exempt the Directors of the State Bank
from certain public duties.
- AN ACT supplementary to an act to establish a
- AN ACT amendatory to an act entitled an act to
class and fix the price of the University land, passed January
- AN ACT to provide for the distribution of the
Public Arms among the different volunteer corps in this State.
- AN ACT amendatory of the laws now in force on
the subject of Bail in Civil Cases.
- AN ACT more effectually to protect Sheriffs,
Coroners and Constables in the discharge of their duties.
- AN ACT to alter the mode of appointing Assessors
and Tax Collectors, and for other purposes.
- AN ACT to provide for taking the Census of this
- AN ACT authorizing the Governor to liquidate
and settle the accounts between this State and the State of Mississippi.
- AN ACT to raise a Revenue for the support of
Government until otherwise altered by law.
- AN ACT to alter the time of holding the County
Courts of Lawrence, Limestone, Lauderdale, Dallas, Autauga, Montgomery,
Perry and Conecuh.
- AN ACT to change the times of holding the County
Courts in Jefferson and Madison Counties.
- AN ACT to alter the times of holding the County
Courts of the counties of Tuscaloosa, Lawrence and Limestone.
- AN ACT supplementary to the several acts heretofore
passed in relation to the County Court for the county of Mobile,
and for other purposes.
- AN ACT to provide for an extra term of the Circuit
Court in Mobile and Baldwin Counties.
- AN ACT directing in what manner, and in what
Courts, suits may be brought against the State of Alabama.
- AN ACT to compensate Witnesses attending Magistrates
- AN ACT to define the boundary line between Shelby
and Autauga counties.
- AN ACT to compel plaintiffs to give security
for cost, in certain cases.
- AN ACT to authorize the Judge of the County Court
and Commissioners of of revenue and roads of Shelby county to
levy an extra tax, for the purpose of building a Jail in, and
for said county.
- AN ACT to authorized a levy of a county tax for
the county of Covington.
- AN ACT to establish certain election precincts
- AN ACT relative to certain officers in Fayette
- AN ACT to authorize the county court of Wilcox
county to levy an extra tax.
- AN ACT compelling Clerks and Sheriffs of certain
counties in this state to keep their offices at their several
- AN ACT to authorize the judges of the county
courts and commissioners of roads and revenue of Perry, Franklin,
Jefferson and Blount counties to appoint some suitable person
to transcribe certain parts of the records of the county courts
- AN ACT to amend an act entitled an act to establish
a permanent seat of Justice in the county of Jackson, and for
- AN ACT to repeal in part an act, entitled "an
act to establish the town of Carthage, Tuscaloosa county.
- AN ACT giving further time to persons holding
claims against their respective counties to file the same.
- AN ACT to vest in the county court of Covington
county the power heretofore exercised by the commissioners of
said county, and for other purposes.
- AN ACT to compel the commissioners of the Town
of Greenville in Butler county to transfer all papers relative
to the lots of the said Town, to the judge of the county court
and commissioners of roads and revenue of Butler county.
- AN ACT authorizing the election of certain officers
in the town of Greenville, in Butler county.
- AN ACT to authorize the raising by lottery a
sum of money for purposes therein specified.
- AN ACT supplementary to an act for the government
and harbor of Mobile.
- AN ACT to authorize the Mobile school commissioners
to raise a sum of money by lottery.
- AN ACT to extend the civil and criminal jurisdiction
of this state over so much of the Creek nation, as was ceded
under the treaty of the Indian Springs of 1825, within the chartered
limits of the State of Alabama.
- AN ACT to divide the 42d Regiment of the Militia
of this State.
- AN ACT to pay officers for taking prisoners from
one county to another in this state.
- AN ACT to incorporate the Mobile marine railway
and insurance company.
- AN ACT to divide the 36th regiment of Alabama
- AN ACT to authorize the Field Officers of the
56th regiment to form a company of militia in Broxton=s
- AN ACT better to provide for leasing the 16th
section therein named.
- AN ACT to authorize the Trustees of certain 16th
sections in Jackson county to lease them for any number of years
not exceeding twenty.
- AN ACT to authorize the School commissioners
of the 17th Township, of range 13, to lease the 16th section
in said Township.
- AN ACT to regulate the fees of certain public
officers in Baldwin county.
- AN ACT reducing the price of the Digest of the
laws of Alabama.
- AN ACT concerning the 16th section herein mentioned.
- AN ACT organizing the 12th Regiment of Militia,
St. Clair county.
- AN ACT making it the duty of the Comptroller
of Public Accounts to lay before both houses of the General Assembly,
annually, in the first week of its session, a fair expose of
the disbursement made from the contingent fund.
- AN ACT to make an appropriation for digesting
and revising the Militia and patrol laws of this State, as authorized
by the General Assembly at their last session.
- AN ACT to provide for the payment of Petit Jurors
in certain counties therein named.
- AN ACT to require additional services to be performed
by the judge of the first judicial circuit in this state.
- AN ACT prescribing the punishment of slaves and
free persons of color for the commission of the crime of manslaughter
on other slaves or free persons of color.
- AN ACT to prevent the Creek Indians from hunting
and trapping within the settled limits of this State.
- AN ACT to exempt the members of the Hook and
Ladder company in the city of Mobile from militia and patrol
duty, and for other purposes.
- AN ACT further to relieve insolvent debtors,
and the better to secure the right of creditors.
- AN ACT to authorize the judge of the county court
and commissioners of roads and revenue of the county of Shelby
to alter a certain road therein named.
- AN ACT to prohibit the importation of slaves
into this state for sale or hire.
- AN ACT to repeal in part an act entitled an act
to appoint commissioners to lay out two roads, loading from the
ford on Line creek; the one to Coffeeville, the other to Tuscaloosa,
passed Dec. 31st, 1822.
- AN ACT explanatory of an act entitled an act
to provide for the election of justices of the peace and constables,
passed Dec. 31st, 1822.
- AN ACT to amend an act concerning the town of
- AN ACT to authorize the Intendant and Town Council
of the Town of Montgomery, to hold their sessions in the court
house of Montgomery county.
- AN ACT more effectually to secure the compensation
allowed by law to James therein mentioned.
- AN ACT to amend the laws now in force for the
punishment of malicious mischief.
- AN ACT authorizing the citizens of Sommerville
to elect a Constable.
- AN ACT to amend an act entitled "an act
for the more effectual preservation of personal liberty.
- AN ACT to authorize Ebenezer Byram to sell a
certain tract of land on the terms and conditions therein mentioned.
- AN ACT to revive a certain act herein named.
- AN ACT authorizing an extension of the lease
taken by Seth Hunt, of the Salt Springs in the counties of Clark
- AN ACT to declare certain parts of the Choctawhatchie
and Pen rivers, public highways.
- AN ACT to establish a certain road therein designated.
- AN ACT for the improving the road leading from
Blakeley to the upper line of Baldwin county, by the way of Durants.
- AN ACT supplementary to the several acts now
in force, first passed 31st December, 1822, and the second 24th
- AN ACT to alter the state road from Selma to
Cahawba, by way of the new bridge on Valley creek.
- AN ACT to allow William Wharton to erect a mill
on wills creek, in St. Clair county.
- AN ACT to establish a road from Montevallo to
- AN ACT to establish a ferry and appoint commissioners
to lay out a certain road therein named.
- AN ACT to authorize Abraham Smith and his associates
to erect a mill on Coosa river.
- AN ACT to authorized Edward Sims and his associates
to open a turnpike road therein named.
- AN ACT to establish a road from Elyton to Montevallo.
- AN ACT to amend an act entitled an act concerning
Roads, Highways, Bridges and Ferries, in the county of Mobile,
- AN ACT amendatory to an act passed on the 14th
January, 1826, entitled an act to authorize William H. Ragsdale
and his associates to turnpike a road therein specified.
- AN ACT supplementary to the several act heretofore
passed, grating to Abraham Stout and his associates the privilege
of opening a turnpike road commencing at or near John Gandys
in Morgan county, to intersect the old Huntsville road at or
near Elyton in Jefferson county.
- AN ACT to reduce into one the several acts concerning
Roads, Bridges Ferries, and Highways.
- AN ACT to incorporate the Cahawba navigation
- AN ACT to incorporate the Alabama and Tennessee
- AN ACT to incorporate the Muscle Shoals Canal
- AN ACT to improve the navigation of Flint river
in Madison county.
- AN ACT to incorporate the town of Decatur, in
- AN ACT to incorporate the Pikeville Library Company.
- AN ACT to incorporate the Trustees of Greenville
Academy, in Butler County.
- AN ACT to repeal in part an act passed of St.
Stephens, Feb. 10th, 1818 incorporating the St. Stephens Steam
- AN ACT to incorporate the Moulton Troop of Cavalry
of Lawrence county.
- AN ACT to amend an act, passed December 20, 1820,
amending an act, passed 12th November, 1819, incorporating the
town of Triana.
- AN ACT to amend an act, entitled an act to incorporate
the town of Florence, in the State of Alabama.
- AN ACT to repeal an act incorporating the town
of Rodney, in Washington county.
- AN ACT to incorporate a body of Free-Masons at
Claiborne, in Monroe County.
- AN ACT to incorporate the Town of Pikeville.
- AN ACT to incorporate the town of Russelville,
in the state of Alabama.
- AN ACT to incorporate the Tuscaloosa Library
- AN ACT making appropriation for certain claims
against the State.
- AN ACT making appropriations for the year eighteen
hundred and twenty-seven.
- AN ACT to incorporate the Rocky Mount Academy,
in Autauga County.
- AN ACT to authorise the Administrator and Administratrix
of George Hardwick, to sell a certificate for one quarter section
- AN ACT for the relief of the legal representatives
of Daniel Duval.
- AN ACT to authorize Martha Brandon, administratrix
of Josiah K. Brandon, deceased, to sell and convey certain town
lots in Tuscaloosa.
- AN ACT authorizing the administrator of Samuel
Greenlee to transfer the certificate to the lands hereinafter
- AN ACT to make compensation to the commissioners
to close the unsettled accounts between this State and Mississippi,
and for other purposes.
- AN ACT to compensate the commissioners appointed
by the Governor for ascertaining and marking the permanent boundary
line between this state and Georgia.
- AN ACT for the relief of James W. Armstrong.
- AN ACT to emancipate certain slaves therein named.
- AN ACT to emancipate certain slaves therein named.
- AN ACT to change the names and render legitimate
certain persons therein named.
- AN ACT to authorizing the administrator of Wm.
McAlister, deceased, to transfer a certificate therein named.
- AN ACT for the relief of Theophilus L. Toulmin,
tax collector for the county of Mobile, for the year 1822.
- AN ACT authorizing Sarah Bowie, administratrix
if John Bowie, deceased, to sell and transfer certain real estate.
- AN ACT to repeal in part and amend an act entitled
an act for the relief of the inhabitants of the first Township,
range seven, east of the basis meridian of Huntsville, approved,
January 9th, 1826.
- AN ACT for the relief of Grantland and Robinson.
- AN ACT for the relief of John McGrew.
- AN ACT to authorise Edward Calvert to sell and
convey a certain land certificate.
- AN ACT to compensate Reuben Chapman for certain
services therein mentioned.
- AN ACT for the relief of Zepheniah Hicks.
- AN ACT for the relief of the securities of John
- AN ACT for the relief of Mary Latham.
- AN ACT for the relief of Charles A. Henry.
- AN ACT for the relief of Andrew O. Horn.
- AN ACT to amend in part an act entitled an act
for the relief of William McDaniel, passed the third day of January
- AN ACT for the relief of James Hall.
- AN ACT for the relief of Daniel Coleman of Washington.
- AN ACT to divorce William Bryant, from Rhodicy
- AN ACT to divorce Olivia A. Taylor from John
- AN ACT to divorce Kelly Stegall from Nancy Stegall.
- AN ACT to divorce John Hamblin from Hannah Hamblin.
- AN ACT to divorce Morgan Buck from Lavinia Buck.
- AN ACT to divorce John Diamond from Lizzy Diamond.
- AN ACT to divorce Mary Ducksworth from her husband
- AN ACT to divorce Coleman Allen, from his wife
- RESOLUTIONS appointing commissioners to report
on the claims of the first purchasers of Lots in Cahawba, in
1819, to the next General Assembly, and for other purposes.
- RESOLUTION authorizing the money of the University,
now in the Treasury, to be vested in State Stock, and for other
- RESOLUTIONS relative to the Militia Laws of this
- JOINT RESOLUTION to provide for the safe keeping
of the Furniture belonging to the State, in the State House.
- JOINT RESOLUTION explanatory of the third section
of an act entitled "an act to fix the salary of the President
of the Bank of the State of Alabama, and for other purposes."
- A JOINT RESOLUTION of the Senate and House of
Representatives of the State of Alabama, disapproving certain
resolutions of the legislatures of the States of Delaware, Connecticut,
Illinois and Indiana, concurring with a resolution of the state
of Ohio, proposing the emancipation of slaves; and a resolution
of the legislature of New Jersey, recommending a system of foreign
- REPORT and RESOLUTIONS in relation to the system
for the disposal of the Public Lands, and to the unsettled Land
Claims, in this State.
- JOINT RESOLUTION instructing our Senators and
Representatives in Congress on the subject of authorizing the
sale of the sections numbered sixteen, reserved for the use of
schools in this State.
- RESOLUTION authorizing the Governor to offer
the University Lands in Shelby and Bibb counties for sale on
the third Monday in February next.
- RESOLUTION removing the injunction of secresy
imposed upon the report of the joint committee appointed to examine
the Bank of the State.
- RESOLUTIONS instructing our Senators and requesting
our Representatives in Congress to use their endeavors to procure
an equal extension of the National Judiciary system to the Western
and South-Western States of the Union.
- MEMORIAL to the Congress of the United States,
asking permission for the Trustees of the University of Alabama
to select other lands in lieu of those herein described.
- MEMORIAL to the Congress of the United States
on the subject of a donation to the trustees of La Fayette Academy
in the village of La Grange.
- RESOLUTIONS protesting against the exercise of
implied, constructive, and unconstitutional powers on the part
of the Federal Government, and asserting the rights secured to
the States respectively by the Constitution of the United States.