(a) A person shall not tattoo, brand, or perform body piercing on another individual unless each of the following conditions is met:
(1) The tattooing, branding, or body piercing occurs at a tattoo facility licensed under this chapter.
(2) The individual receiving the tattoo, branding, or body piercing is 18 years of age or older.
(b) The owner or operator of a tattoo facility may apply to the department for a tattoo facility license under this chapter on a form provided by the department, and at the time of application shall pay to the department the appropriate fee under subsection (c). If the department determines that the application is complete and the tattoo facility proposed or operated by the applicant meets the requirements of this chapter and the rules promulgated pursuant to this chapter, the department shall issue a license to the applicant for the operation of that tattoo facility. The license shall be effective for a time period prescribed by rule of the department.
(c) Subject to Section 22-17A-7, the owner or operator of a tattoo facility shall pay one of the following fees at the time of application for a facility license:
(1) Initial annual license . . . . . . . . $250.
(2) One-year renewal of an annual license . . $200.
(3) Temporary license to operate a tattoo facility at a fixed location for not more than a two-week period . . . . . $50.