A person who owns or operates a licensed tattoo facility shall do each of the following:
(1) Display the license in a conspicuous place within the customer service area of the tattoo facility.
(2) Ensure that an individual engaged in tattooing in the tattoo facility wears disposable gloves approved by the department when tattooing, branding, or body piercing, or when cleaning instruments used in tattooing, branding, or body piercing.
(3) Maintain a permanent record of each individual who has been tattooed, branded, or who has had body piercing performed at a tattoo facility, and make the records available for inspection by the department or local county health department. The record shall include, at a minimum, the individual's name, address, age, and signature, the date, the design, and location of the tattooing, branding, or body piercing, and the name of the individual performing the tattooing, branding, or body piercing.
(4) Provide each customer with a written information sheet approved by the department that provides instructions on tattoo site, branding site, and body piercing site care, which shall include a recommendation that a person seek medical attention if the tattoo site, branding site, or body piercing site becomes infected or painful, or if the person develops a fever soon after being tattooed, being branded, or having body piercing performed.
(5) Within 24 hours of becoming aware that an individual tattooed, branded, or body pierced at the tattoo facility is infected with a communicable disease, notify the department or a local county health department.