2nd Territorial Session - Acts
- An act to apportion the Representatives among
the several counties in this Territory, according to the returns
of the late Census, and for other purposes.
- An act to extend the corporate limits of Huntsville.
- An act for the government of Gin holders and
for other purposes.
- An act to incorporate the town of Mooresville,
and for other purposes.
- An act providing for the establishment of seats
of justice in the several counties therein named.
- An act to divorce Mary P. Moore from her husband
Gabriel Moore, and to change her name from Mary P. Moore to Mary
- An act to divorce Maria Fuller from her husband
- An act authorising county courts to grant private
ways, in certain cases.
- An act incorporate the town of Athens in Limestone
- An act for the relief of Ann Hughes, guardian
of the infant heirs of Raleigh Hughes, deceased.
- An act to make lawful and obligatory certain
marriages therein named.
- An act to restrain the issuing of small notes,
commonly called change bills.
- An act to enable house-holders in the several
counties in this Territory, wherein the Public Lands have not
been offered for sale, to perform all the duties which by existing
laws are required of free-holders.
- An act to divorce certain persons therein named.
- An act to authorise the administratrix and administrator
of Henry Cannon deceased, to sell certain real estate.
- An act to alter & ascertain more particularly
the boundaries of the county of Shelby & to lay off a new
county in the north east part thereof, to be called and known
by the name of St. Clair county.
- An act to alter and establish the boundaries
of Cahawba county.
- An act to establish a Bank in the town of Mobile.
- An act to divorce Gray Syms from his wife Catharine
- An act to increase the compensation of the Public
- An act to authorise David Norris to manumit his
negro woman slave Nancy.
- An act to divorce John Barron from his wife Clarissa
- An act to regulate Sales at Auction.
- An act to alter the times of holding the Superior
courts in the counties of Limestone, Cotaco, Lawrence, Franklin
- An act to change the mode of increasing the capital
stock in the Planters and Merchants Bank of Huntsville, and the
Tombeckbe Bank, & for other purposes.
- An act to authorise the appointment of a keeper
and translator of the Spanish records and paper in the Alabama
- An act to authorise the leasing of lands therein
- An act to provide for the disposition of slaves
imported into the Territory contrary to the laws of the United
- An act to authorise the Governor of the territory
to offer rewards for the apprehension of criminals.
- An act providing for the temporary and permanent
seats of government.
- An act to establish election precincts in the
county of Monroe.
- An act concerning Hawkers and Pedlars.
- An act to authorise deeds of conveyance to be
acknowledged, and rights of dower to be relinquished before clerks
- An act to alter the times of holding courts in
the southern district of this Territory.
- An act to fix the permanent seat of Justice for
the county of Mobile, in the town of Mobile, and to authorise
the erection of a court house and Jail.
- An act to alter the mode of assessing and collecting
- An act to divide Montgomery county, and to establish
the county of Autauga.
- An act to make election precincts in the counties
- An act for the government of the Port and Harbor
- An act for the relief of William Jordan.
- An act to appoint Commissioners to fix the place
for the permanent site of justice for the county of Clark.
- An act to amend the laws creating a tax on lands.
- An act concerning the middle District.
- An act supplemental to the laws now governing
- An act to alter and establish the boundary lines
between the counties of Autauga & Dallas.
- An act for the benefit of certain persons therein
named, and to provide a contingent fund.
- An act providing for the compensation of the
- A resolution to increase the compensation of
the secretary, clerks and door-keepers.
- Resolution for the relief of William D. Gaines.